t2t is a Perl script that converts standard ASCII text to XHTML tables.
Any text with the delimiter embedded in it is converted to a table. The user can specify any regular Perl
expression as a delimiter; the default delimiter is the tab. As a result, t2t can easily transform any spreadsheet saved as tab delimited text to an HTML table.
The table ends with either the end of the file or the first line of non-delimited text. All other text is just written to the output file.
Version 7.3.1 is now available.
Here are the changes:
- Works on Unix, Windows, and MacOSX.
- Completely customizable
- Process a whole directory (and all of its subdirectories) with one command
- Convert any delimited file to a HTML source file with a table
- Reads: Text, CSV, Excel, and OpenOffice files
- Handle multiple input "tables" in one text file
- Read from stdin and write to stdout
- Skip a field (do not translate the field to the resulting table)
- Produce a complete HTML source file or only the table portion
- Color the cells (separate colors for the header and the data cells)
- Produce a table displayed as a ledger.
- Published under the MIT license